Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Jump Right In

Hey Y'all! Let me start off by telling you a little about myself. My name is Lauren Stratton, I'm 25 years young and I have a great love for makeup! I married the man of my dreams in May 2014,  his name is Joseph. We are expecting our first child (how exciting!!) in April of 2015. We are SO SO happy! I currently work for the Kentucky State Police as a dispatcher, 5 years and counting. Joseph is the K-9 handler for our local Sheriffs Department. We have 2 dogs Coco(Pomeranian), and Kane (German Shepherd). Coco is my little diva. Kane is Josephs work partner (and my big baby boy).

                                                                  Our Wedding Day!

Big baby Kane & Myself

                                                           Princess Coco & Myself







I have always loved makeup. I can remember being a little girl and waiting for my older cousin to leave her house so I could play in her makeup, knowing if she caught me I'd be in big trouble. lol. I had no clue at that time that I would get older and still be playing in makeup.. just my own this time. I can only remember getting my makeup done for an event by someone else once, but I went home and added my own little touches to it. I knew then that no one else was going to be able to do my makeup the way I wanted, other then me. I have done makeup for alot of people for big events in their lives. Prom, weddings, pictures, girls night out or just for fun.. makeup is my thing!
I bought a air brush machine over a year ago and started a litte business with it. I have currently put my business on hold due to my full time job (which sucks because I would rather be doing makeup). the last few months I have found myself reaching for more traditional makeup rather then my air brush. I love my air brush machine but lets be honest.. that makeup isn't cheap, so its not something a girl like me can afford to wear daily. The makeup I'm going to talk about in this post will be what I wear on a normal day, and what I think about each product!


The first thing I'm going to talk about is what I use for my foundation. Bare Minerals Ready foundation. If applied right it can be any coverage. I don't like anything that feels heavy or sticky on my face. This foundation is pretty light, even if you want full coverage it still isn't to heavy.
I use the shade medium tan. Even though summer just ended I'm still pretty pale (well, pale for me!) and it is still the right color for me. Here is a picture of the packaging (its a little dirty because it stays in my makeup bag). I don't have any complaints about how its packaged. I would like to hear from anyone out there who may have dry skin that has used this. I dont see this working well with dry skin but i could be wrong. i have pretty normal skin but i have noticed when my face is somewhat dry this foundation doesn't look as nice.
 


 
 
 
 
 
The next thing I'm going to talk about is Bare Minerals bronzer (in the shade "warmth") and blush (in the shade "hint"). I really like both of these colors how they look with my complexion. I will say I do not like how they are packaged.. i will post a picture showing why. This is their packaging for almost all of their products though. I don't dislike it enough to not use it.
*Keep in mind any bronzer can be used as eyeshadow and any eyeshadow can be used as lip stick!*


                                         I dont like how product is on the top when its opened





Last but not least.. My favorate part of makeup.. eyeshadow! I LOVE LOVE LOVE eyeshadow. Your whole look can be based off your eyeshadow. You can do so much! For my everyday makeup I usually use Urban Decays Naked3 palette. Its more of a pink/neutral palette. You can do the "no makeup, makeup" look, a dramatic night out look, or anything in between. I used this palette for my wedding eyeshadow and I couldn't be any happier with how it loooked! If anyone wants me to do a "how to" video useing this palette just let me know and I would happy to!



Thats all I'm going to cover for tonight! I would love you hear from y'all on what you use for your everyday look! If you have reviews on any product please share! If there is any product you would like me to review just let me know I will go out any buy it and give you a review!

Money can't buy happiness... But it can buy makeup!!


I hope to hear from y'all!

Until next time



-L.Stratton

No comments:

Post a Comment