Saturday, September 27, 2014

Line It Up



Hey Y’all! I hope everyone is enjoying the blog! 


Lets start with eyeliner! When I go for a lighter/natural look I use eyeshadow for my liner. I do this because I don’t always want my liner being so dramatic. When I have a dramatic/darker eye I will use either gel liner or clay liner. To do this I use a angled eyeliner brush. I hardly ever use a eyeliner pencil, I just don’t like the look and I don’t feel like I have as much control over where I want the liner to go as I do with the brush (I know that sounds stupid.. its just a “Lauren” thing I guess).






The first one I’m going to talk about is Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in black by Tarte ($24.00 at Ulta). When you buy this liner it comes with a eyeliner brush that I use whenever I apply this liner or gel liner. I like this liner, I only use it when I want a really dramatic eye. I don’t really have any complaints about this liner other then you have to apply it fast or it tends to dry, which can be difficult if you are trying to get that perfect cat eye look.  I NEVER apply this on the lower lash line. In my opinion its way to much and doesn’t look good. It comes in a small glass jar. I really liked this packaging until a client dropped it and the bottom of it broke off, now I have to make sure to pick it up without cutting myself.








The next one I’m going to talk about is Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner in dark brown by Smashbox ($22.00 at Sephora). I use this when I do a dark brown look, or a dramatic look using all browns. The packaging on this product is pretty much the same as the Tarte product listed above. I use the brush that came with the Tarte liner to apply this. I’m not really sure why this is called “dark brown”. Its no where near as dark as I want my liner to be. I normally add a little dark shadow to the liner.










If I’m doing a normal everyday eye, or depending on my mood I will just use eyeshadows for liner. When I need a brown liner I use Too Faced Natural Eye Palette in the colors Erotica and Sexspresso mixed together. I will apply this on half of my lower lash line (starting from the outer corner going in, then finishing the line with a lighter color, and then blending the two together). 









When using black eyeshadows I use Too Faced Boudoir Eye Palette in the colors Voulez-Vous or French Tickler. I will apply these on half of the lower lash line (the same as before).








To clean up any product that may fall, or gets some where you don’t want…
*Use any face moisturizer and a Q-tip (if you haven’t already done your foundation)
*Take a clean blush brush to sweep the product away.






Eyeliner can make or break your look. Applying to much liner can make your eyes look smaller.


I will post a eyeliner “how to” when I can! If there are any products you all would recommend please let me know! I’m always up for trying new products!

Until next time!

-L.Stratton



 

No comments:

Post a Comment