Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 16 & Our Pregnancy Story

Hey y'all!

This will be my 16 week update. Today I am 16 weeks and 3 days.

The Bump App says Lucy is..
* The size of a Avocado (4.6 inches & 3.5 ounces)
* She is listening to my voice
* She is growing hair, lashes and eye brows

Pregnancy Symptoms..
* Back aches
* Growing chest
* Forgetfulness
* Nails are breaking
* Dry, itchy skin
* Itchy eyes



I feel like my belly has really popped! I know I've said that before.. its just crazy seeing the difference from pre-pregnancy to now! Speaking of pre-pregnancy.. I want to do a little back story.


When I was 13, I was told I probably wouldn't be able to have kids due to endometriosis. Hearing that at 13 I was crushed. Even at a young age my dream was to be not only a mom, but a great mom. Anyone who knows me, knows having my own family has always been #1 on my list. It's just something I always knew I wanted. At that time I was placed on birth control (Let me be clear, I was not sexually active at 13, it was to help with my awful periods). I took birth control on and off up until i was 21 years old. I had started getting the depo shot....it made my hormones go nuts. I only had like 3 shots and i had to stop. I would get so upset over the smallest things and I was so depressed. A lady I worked with kept telling me it was the shots, that they were bad. I finally listened and stopped, once i did things started getting much better. She was right. I had a few cyst here and there from then to now but not to many. I still had hopes that I would still be able to have babies. I got really sick in 2012. It was a mixture of my kidneys, gallbladder, and ovaries. I ended up having to have my right ovary removed for many reasons. I was told them in order to get pregnant I would more than likely have to be put on fertility. I was upset about it, but at the same time there was still hope so we were excited. Joseph and I got married in May. We wasn't trying to get pregnant, but we wasn't preventing it either. I honestly didn't think it would happen without fertility. We are SO thankful the doctors were wrong! Lucy is such a blessing. I know some people think we should have waited a little longer to have babies, this was Gods timing, not ours. Like I said earlier, Lucy is a blessing!

This is just a short version of a long health history! lol


I guess that is all for now!
Until next time!

L. Stratton

No comments:

Post a Comment